Friday, November 7, 2014

Horizontal Buttonhole Tutorial When Using Tunisian Crochet

I have been working on a Tunisian crochet project that requires a buttonhole. I tried looking for a tutorial on it but the ones I found seemed either too complicated or did not give the look I wanted. So after playing around a little, I came up with a simpler way that gives a finished look.

In case anyone else is looking for something similar, here you go.





For my example, I had a row with 6 stitches. 

*Sc in each stitch across. Putting the last sc in the side of the previous stitch as you would if you were making a Tunisian stitch make the edges more even.



*Turn, but do NOT chain. (Now you will have the back of the item facing you.

*Sc in the first 2 sc. Ch 2, skip 2 stitches, sc in the last 2 sts.



*Turn, but do NOT chain. Now you are back to having the front facing you.

*Return to Tunisian stitch. Pick up a loop in each sc and the 2 chains (7 loops on hook) on your forward pass. Make the return pass as normal.





*If you are at the end of your project (like mine), finish off by working one Sc in each stitch across. Cut yarn and weave in ends.




No comments: